- Races: Half Marathon and 4 Mile Trail Race
- Date: Saturday, April 28, 2018
- Location: Bur Mil Park, Greensboro, NC
- Time: 8:00 am
Now in the 13th year, this race is a favorite of all North Carolina trail runners. We have seem blazing fast times but don’t be fooled the course isn’t a walk in the park. The race is also perfect for the beginner trail runner because of the gorgeous scenery. The backdrop for the race is Bur Mil which is a great place for the family to come spend the day in the park while you are off running in the woods. Bur Mil has 3 par golf course, driving range, great playground and nature center.
If 13.1 miles of trail isn’t enough stick around for the famous push-up contest. Great prizes await the fittest and fastest and cold beer and hot food await all the finishers.
All Half Marathon finishers receive a finisher’s medal.
For those not yet up to 13 miles we have a 3.5 mile option that will give you a great taste to come back and tackle the half marathon next year. Sign up early as this race sells out!
Bur Mil Park offers miles of hiking and biking trails set against Lake Brandt. This course has it’s share of rocks, roots, hills, twists and turns. The course is typical of most hiking/mountain bike trails in the area.
This is a trail race… not your typical road race. You will be exposed to many obstacles you would not normally see in a road race. The course is a single-track hiking/mountain bike trail, so there are roots, rocks, quick turns, logs, beavers, and mountain bikers to avoid. You may fall… in fact you probably will fall. Don’t complain, get up and keep running. You will be surrounded by water (the course circles a lake) but there are only 2 water stops on our course. So if you are thirsty, don’t complain, carry your own water, use our water stops, or stick your head in the lake.
We have all the course details under the Course page.
Custom Owls Roost awards and awards for the push-up contest winner!
- $40 first 40 to register
- $50 next 50 to register
- $60 before February 1, 2018
- $70 before March 31, 2018
- $80 through race day
4 Mile Run
- $30 before January 1, 2018
- $35 before April 1, 2018
- $40 through race day
- Register by April 15, 2015 to guarantee T-shirt and size
- Save $$. Contact us for group or team discounts… sign up your friends and save
Please not the race cap. This race will sell out!
The 3.5M cap – 150
1/2 Marathon – 350
- Location: Omega Sports – 2431 Battleground, Ave, Greensboro
- When: Friday, April 27, 2018 4:00PM – 7:00PM
- 6:30 AM – 7:40 AM Late packet pickup
- 8:00 AM Race start – Half Marathon
- 8:30 AM Race start – 4 Mile
- 9:45 Approx Awards for 4 Mile
- 11:15 Approx Awards for Half Marathon
This race will be chip timed with disposable bib-chips, We ask all athletes to wear their race number on the front and visible.
Overall awards will be awarded by gun time! Age group awards will be awarded by chip time.
Awards will be presented to the following categories:
- Top 3 Male and Top 3 Female in the Half Marathon
- Top 3 Male and Top 3 Female in the 3.5 Mile
- Age Groups: 0-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
- Race Director reserves the right to combine age groups
- Half Marathon and 4 Mile include a custom designed race shirt
- Shirts are Gender specific size.
- You MUST register by April 15th to guarantee a shirt.
Cancellation Policy. In the event the race should be canceled for reasons beyond the control of the Race Director or Race Committee (inclement weather or unsafe weather conditions; local, state or national emergency), refunds will not be made, but race packets, including race shirts, will be available at a location to be determined.
Rules / Guidelines. Sorry, but for safety reasons, we do not allow dogs, bicycles, inline skates or any means of transportation other than running, walking or wheelchairs. Running baby strollers are allowed but must have a minimum of 6″ wheels. Race Director reserves the right to reject any entry or to remove any participant from the race course without explanation